One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or practice of drinking large quantities of alcohol before going out socially.‘80 percent of females studied said they would indulge in predrinking before heading to a club’
drinking bout, debauchView synonyms
- ‘Common sense dictates that daytime parties discourage heavy drinking or predrinking.’
- ‘Can anyone recommend any good predrinking establishments that are within walking distance of the Phoenix?’
- ‘Due to U.S. legal drinking age requirements, predrinking may be most prevalent among underage drinkers in the U.S.’
- ‘American scientists, in a study, also found that predrinking can lead to blackouts and worse consequences.’
- ‘Reasons given for predrinking include saving money, getting in the mood for partying, becoming intoxicated and socializing with friends.’
- ‘I believe in predrinking heavily prior to going into this club.’
- ‘6:30 PM: Dinner, then showering and a little bit of predrinking.’
- ‘A study using Internet cell-phone questionnaires examined predrinking by young adults.’
- ‘Studies usually describe predrinking in nightlife environment in city centers, not in the entrance lines of nightclubs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.