One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Freedom of the Will, an attempt to reconcile free human agency with God's foreknowledge and predetermination, long remained a central philosophical text.’
- ‘In ‘The Thin Red Line’ nature's beauty and innocence is contrasted with the horror of war, and Bjork's character in ‘Dancer in the Dark’ challenges and defeats the predetermination that a genetic defect will cause her son to go blind.’
- ‘Ultimately, it's the tension maintained throughout between predetermination and improvisation that gives the recording a feeling of spontaneity and unpredictability that makes for engaging if exhausting listening.’
- ‘What the revocation of bail effectively amounted to here was a predetermination, a prejudgment by the trial judge on the question of guilt.’
- ‘It touches on predetermination and political responsibility without really delving into anything, as if raising an issue is the same as exploring it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.