One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Die before (another person, typically someone related by blood or marriage)‘his second wife predeceased him’
- ‘They had a family of five daughters and one son John, the latter who sadly predeceased his father.’
- ‘The two men ended up in a bitter dispute, and Henry the Young King predeceased his father.’
- ‘Few people apart from experts in the field have any inkling that Nietzsche predeceased his sister by some 35 years.’
- ‘Dad was predeceased by his beloved wife Tena, six brothers and four sisters.’
- ‘In 1376 he predeceased his father, leaving his young son Richard as heir to the throne.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.