One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or associated with a part of the mind below the level of immediate conscious awareness, from which memories and emotions that have not been repressed can be recalled.‘beliefs and values that are on a preconscious level’
- ‘Inadvertent expressions of preconscious processes have been studied extensively by psychologists.’
- ‘Freud called attention to preconscious dimensions that impinge on our behavior but never dispensed with them.’
- ‘Conscious experience, conscious selves, are ‘generated by and represent aspects of our own preconscious minds.’
- ‘In deeper sleep, however, even the preconscious detection of very large and infrequent changes in the external environment cannot be made.’
- ‘But sometimes, such as when we eat or sleep, our awareness drops to a preconscious level.’
The part of the mind in which preconscious thoughts or memories reside.
- ‘This occurs in the preconscious although it might later trigger consciousness.’
- ‘This process is said to occur automatically at the level of the preconscious.’
- ‘This is thought to reflect a simple, sensory memory that apparently occurs automatically in the preconscious.’
- ‘Deep out of our preconscious comes this fear - fear of the pain of dying and shame of the effect that our dying might have on others.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.