One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The rate of change in the direction of the rotational axis is the ratio of torque to angular momentum and so gives a value for the precessional constant.’
- ‘Due to the precessional movements of both planets the alignment does not repeat precisely.’
- ‘So we are likely to see precessional magnetic switching used for phones and cameras in the near future.’
- ‘That is, if some of the Earth's energy were to be diverted into a slightly larger precessional wobble, the rate of spin should slow down slightly as a consequence.’
- ‘In earlier talks I have argued that these cataclysmic floods were, in reality, massive changes in sea level brought about by polar instability, or by precessional wobble in the Earth's mode of spin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.