One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In earlier talks I have argued that these cataclysmic floods were, in reality, massive changes in sea level brought about by polar instability, or by precessional wobble in the Earth's mode of spin.’
- ‘So we are likely to see precessional magnetic switching used for phones and cameras in the near future.’
- ‘Due to the precessional movements of both planets the alignment does not repeat precisely.’
- ‘The rate of change in the direction of the rotational axis is the ratio of torque to angular momentum and so gives a value for the precessional constant.’
- ‘That is, if some of the Earth's energy were to be diverted into a slightly larger precessional wobble, the rate of spin should slow down slightly as a consequence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.