One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Carried out as a precaution.‘she was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure’
preventative, preventive, safety, protectiveView synonyms
- ‘We do all sorts of precautionary things to give ourselves a sense of control.’
- ‘On another occasion, I was much more inclined to resist a precautionary procedure.’
- ‘We must always take the correct precautionary measures to assure the safety of our children.’
- ‘We are therefore distributing a list of common-sense precautionary safety measures.’
- ‘There will be a precautionary inspection at Southwell at 7.30 am tomorrow to decide if racing can go ahead there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.