One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cell or medical condition) likely to develop into cancer if untreated.‘precancerous skin lesions’
- ‘It's a test that can detect the presence of infections, inflammation, precancerous cells or cancer.’
- ‘We all know that early detection of problems is the very best way to detect precancerous conditions, which can often be treated before cancer develops.’
- ‘There's been a controversy for many years about whether the virus infects healthy epithelial cells or just cancerous and precancerous cells.’
- ‘Regular dental checkups that include an examination of the entire mouth are important in the early detection of oral and oropharyngeal cancers and precancerous conditions.’
- ‘Screening for and removal of colorectal cancer and precancerous adenomatous polyps can decrease the incidence of colon disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.