Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A course in mathematics that prepares a student for calculus.
- ‘At the beginning of the school year she'd signed up to help tutor precalculus students.’
- ‘They attribute the increases for math scores to an increased percentage of SAC takers enrolled in advanced math and science course work, such as chemistry, physics, precalculus and calculus.’
- ‘College Board research shows that students who took demanding courses, such as precalculus, calculus, and physics attained significantly higher average SAT scores that those students who did not take rigorous courses.’
- ‘Many who once visualized that they would be taking calculus shortly afterward instead make precalculus into their final mathematics course.’
- ‘For insight into the first question, I am fortunate in having a tenth-grader at hand, namely, my daughter, who is studying precalculus as I write this review.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.