A course in mathematics that prepares a student for calculus.
- ‘College Board research shows that students who took demanding courses, such as precalculus, calculus, and physics attained significantly higher average SAT scores that those students who did not take rigorous courses.’
- ‘They attribute the increases for math scores to an increased percentage of SAC takers enrolled in advanced math and science course work, such as chemistry, physics, precalculus and calculus.’
- ‘At the beginning of the school year she'd signed up to help tutor precalculus students.’
- ‘For insight into the first question, I am fortunate in having a tenth-grader at hand, namely, my daughter, who is studying precalculus as I write this review.’
- ‘Many who once visualized that they would be taking calculus shortly afterward instead make precalculus into their final mathematics course.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.