One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Those preachings are coming from outside the mosque.’
- ‘Twentyfive years of his extensive preparatory tours and preachings across the length and breadth of the country clearly show his deep conviction that the people needed a new prophetic message which God had commanded him to deliver.’
- ‘His preachings were aimed at liberating humanity from the shackles of ignorance, feudal tyranny and oppression, religious and cultural conflicts.’
- ‘I know the church's preachings and I respect the church and I'm deeply religious but as John Kennedy said when he was president we have a separation of church and state here.’
- ‘They are quite prepared to ignore utterly any preachings of goodwill towards all or moral behaviour to ensure their institutional power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.