One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Following infection with HIV but before the full development of AIDS.‘pre-AIDS patients’
- 1.1 Before the recognition of AIDS as a disease.‘we are dealing with an era that was pre-AIDS’
- ‘‘It was a pre-AIDS epic, set primarily in San Francisco,’ he says.’
- ‘I wonder if the power of pre-AIDS bacchanalia owes as much to its pre-commercial aspect as to its shame-free sexual licence - in the same way that the pre-corporate internet was deemed superior.’
- ‘In pre-AIDS populations, mortality was largely bimodal: many deaths occurred among infants and young children, and most of the remainder among the elderly.’
- ‘I wanted to talk about how frightening sexuality was - even pre-AIDS - for an adolescent on the cusp of sexuality.’
- ‘Since I came out pre-AIDS, I have to look back to see who passed me the torch.’
- 1.1 Before the recognition of AIDS as a disease.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.