One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Vedanta) the prime material energy of which all matter is composed.
- ‘The individual soul has awareness in accordance with his material body, which he attains by virtue of prakriti, or material nature.’
- ‘Kali is the prakriti bound to time, with one leg raised, in eternal movement, wearing human heads as a garland representing all the destruction and creation that goes on.’
- ‘If the Vedas are a response to the phenomena of nature or prakriti, the Vedanta is preoccupied with the principle of consciousness or Brahman.’
- ‘The jivatma or spirit is, because of its involvement in the material world or prakriti, ignorant of its true divine nature and the essential unity of all creation.’
- ‘In its lower forms bhakti is based on the three gunas of prakriti or modes of material nature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.