Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in Vedanta) the prime material energy of which all matter is composed.
- ‘If the Vedas are a response to the phenomena of nature or prakriti, the Vedanta is preoccupied with the principle of consciousness or Brahman.’
- ‘The individual soul has awareness in accordance with his material body, which he attains by virtue of prakriti, or material nature.’
- ‘Kali is the prakriti bound to time, with one leg raised, in eternal movement, wearing human heads as a garland representing all the destruction and creation that goes on.’
- ‘In its lower forms bhakti is based on the three gunas of prakriti or modes of material nature.’
- ‘The jivatma or spirit is, because of its involvement in the material world or prakriti, ignorant of its true divine nature and the essential unity of all creation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.