One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being practicable; viability.‘the practicability of his ideas has nothing to do with their truth’
practicality, workability, workableness, viability, achievability, attainability, reasonableness, sensiblenessfeasibility, viability, practicality, possibility, workability, workableness, achievability, attainabilityView synonyms
- ‘Reasonable practicability can involve a constraint on what is capable of being done by reference either to practical considerations or to normative considerations.’
- ‘In these cases, impairment is measured for the smallest group of assets (the income-generating unit) that produces a largely independent income stream, subject to constraints of practicability and materiality.’
- ‘This problem will tax the ingenuity of the ablest designer desirous of producing a nice balance between traditional charm and reasoned practicability.’
- ‘However, the test is one of practicability, not reasonableness.’
- ‘This early experimentation with nonresident instruction provided valuable insights into its utility and practicability on a wider scale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.