Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The quality of being practicable; viability.‘the practicability of his ideas has nothing to do with their truth’
practicality, workability, workableness, viability, achievability, attainability, reasonableness, sensiblenessView synonyms
- ‘Reasonable practicability can involve a constraint on what is capable of being done by reference either to practical considerations or to normative considerations.’
- ‘In these cases, impairment is measured for the smallest group of assets (the income-generating unit) that produces a largely independent income stream, subject to constraints of practicability and materiality.’
- ‘This problem will tax the ingenuity of the ablest designer desirous of producing a nice balance between traditional charm and reasoned practicability.’
- ‘This early experimentation with nonresident instruction provided valuable insights into its utility and practicability on a wider scale.’
- ‘However, the test is one of practicability, not reasonableness.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.