One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Squat days’ are a regular occurrence in the lives of countless powerlifters, football players and bodybuilders.’
- ‘At that time, I focused on building a strong bench press to compete as a powerlifter, and the way my chest responded convinced me that the size of the muscle grows with the size of the weights you use.’
- ‘What's more, it builds what powerlifters call ‘accessories’: biceps, triceps, deltoids, abs and other vanity muscles.’
- ‘He actually competed as a powerlifter before switching to bodybuilding, and squats, deadlifts and benches are still staples of his training routine.’
- ‘However, even the higher recommendation falls short of the amount considered by serious bodybuilders and powerlifters to be the threshold for stimulating muscle growth - one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.