One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What's more, it builds what powerlifters call ‘accessories’: biceps, triceps, deltoids, abs and other vanity muscles.’
- ‘He actually competed as a powerlifter before switching to bodybuilding, and squats, deadlifts and benches are still staples of his training routine.’
- ‘‘Squat days’ are a regular occurrence in the lives of countless powerlifters, football players and bodybuilders.’
- ‘However, even the higher recommendation falls short of the amount considered by serious bodybuilders and powerlifters to be the threshold for stimulating muscle growth - one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day.’
- ‘At that time, I focused on building a strong bench press to compete as a powerlifter, and the way my chest responded convinced me that the size of the muscle grows with the size of the weights you use.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.