1informal A powerful egomaniac.‘record-industry powerheads’
2Any of various mechanical or electrical devices, including.
- ‘Depending on the machine size, a linear displacement transducer or linear encoder is integrated into the powerhead to measure stroke.’
- ‘But, with the recent imposition of a tariff, they announced that the cost of powerheads sold in the U.S. would increase by 91.6% to eliminate the alleged dumping advantage.’
- 2.1 A submersible pump for an aquarium that creates current within a tank.
- 2.2 A vacuum-cleaner attachment that houses an independent motor that drives a carpet-beating rotating brush.See also beater bar
- 2.3 The internal combustion engine of an outboard motor.
- ‘While a final ruling in the outboard engine case is expected early next year, Commerce has imposed a preliminary 22.5% tariff on many Japanese outboard engines and powerheads.’
- 2.4 The power unit of an automatic garage door opener.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.