One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘People relate to the theme of a journey from ignorance to knowledge, from fear to courage, from insensitivity to caring, from paralysis to powerfulness, from victimization to accountability,’ the book points out.’
- ‘Likewise, colonial occupation gives the occupiers an easy sense of self-worth and powerfulness.’
- ‘But to me it became a sense of not glamour but overwhelming powerfulness and that has stayed with me really for the rest of my life.’
- ‘He is driven to silent tears, observed by Benigno who shares his emotion but, constrained by the powerfulness of the spectacle, cannot make a show of solidarity.’
- ‘It may not be politic on her part in the future to do those things because you are just demonstrating… your powerfulness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.