One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A user of a computer system or program whose skills and expertise are more advanced than most other users, especially a person in an organization who is assigned additional administrative rights and responsibilities for that system or program.
- ‘If it costs less, the gamers and power users wanting unrestricted access would complain.’
- ‘Even within broad categories, be it a power user or a novice, per user approach differs.’
- ‘This again is alright for the majority of users, but power users would probably like a more feature rich bundle.’
- ‘Whereas previously it was limited to specialists and business analysts, it has extended its focus to include power users and business users.’
- ‘I would imagine that most systems not set up by a professional admin or a power user are running from the admin account by default, because most users are unaware of the security benefits of isolating, or sandboxing, users.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.