Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A consumer of electrical power.
A user who needs products having the most features and the fastest performance.
- ‘If it costs less, the gamers and power users wanting unrestricted access would complain.’
- ‘I would imagine that most systems not set up by a professional admin or a power user are running from the admin account by default, because most users are unaware of the security benefits of isolating, or sandboxing, users.’
- ‘Whereas previously it was limited to specialists and business analysts, it has extended its focus to include power users and business users.’
- ‘Even within broad categories, be it a power user or a novice, per user approach differs.’
- ‘This again is alright for the majority of users, but power users would probably like a more feature rich bundle.’
power user/ˈpou(ə)r ˌyo͞ozər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.