A device that transfers mechanical power from an engine to another piece of equipment, especially on a tractor or similar vehicle.
- ‘The third resolution is to vow never to operate a tractor with an uncovered power take-off shaft.’
- ‘In addition, a rear power take-off unit is available to drive machinery modules such as a forklift, excavator, and pump.’
- ‘Transmission is hydromechanical with a hydrostatic gearbox for the steering gear and power take-off for the water jets.’
- ‘Unknown to him, a power take-off bearing in the engine had failed, making complete loss of oil pressure imminent.’
- ‘He hooks them up to a power take-off on one of his tractors.’