Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large forward who plays in the low post and typically has good rebounding skills.
- ‘Unfortunately the power forward's sophomore season came to a close before it ever began.’
- ‘It likely will have the ninth pick but would like to move up a bit to get an athletic small forward or power forward.’
- ‘Along with the center, the power forward controls the area inside the key.’
- ‘He did a nice fake then passed the ball off to our power forward under the basket.’
- ‘The team needs a power forward who can rebound, defend and slide into the middle at times.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.