One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A couple consisting of two people who are each influential or successful in their own right.‘the world's biggest power couple finally got married’
- ‘Once Hollywood's hottest power couple, they saw their fairy tale marriage end in February.’
- ‘The indie rock power couple have collaborated on each other's CDs over the years.’
- ‘They're a comfortably bourgeois power couple, educated professionals with two children and ample material possessions.’
- ‘Power couples in the media world are nothing new.’
- ‘He is one of five children of a legendary Hollywood power couple.’
- ‘They are indeed a power couple in the making.’
- ‘They are one of the dance world's premier power couples.’
- ‘We'll get perspective on the political power couple from a Washington Post reporter.’
- ‘They are the ultimate power couple: smart, wealthy, and deeply in love.’
- ‘Together they are a power couple that the public flocks to see perform.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.