One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who enjoys skiing on powder snow.
- ‘And, as he likes to point out, you don't have to be an accomplished powder hound to find yourself grinning ear-to-ear at the end of a run.’
- ‘If you're a laid-back intermediate or a plucky powder hound, you'll love it.’
- ‘They are sturdy and mounted with pivoting toe bindings that allow powder hounds to ascend hills, then lock down their heels for alpine-style turns.’
- ‘It beefs up its line for 2003 with four offerings intended to meet the needs of free heelers from entry level to big mountain powder hounds.’
- ‘Honeycomb Canyon offers powder hounds such a sprawling expanse that the day after a storm, you can traverse untracked snow until the lift closes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.