One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cover (an object) with a polyester or epoxy powder, which is then heated to fuse into a protective layer.
- ‘A powder-coat finish provides superior corrosion resistance, while also making the gate virtually maintenance-free.’
- ‘Bronze anodized aluminum and more than 180 powder-coated colors are also available.’
- ‘Aluminum caps are either painted or powder-coated in colors such as white, green and brown.’
- ‘For supports, options are powder-coated aluminium and galvanised or stainless steel.’
- ‘The aluminum toolbox has an optional powder-coat finish to reduce glare.’
- ‘Each powder-coat finish has been specifically formulated for durability, with ultra-violet inhibitors to withstand the elements.’
- ‘But to save money, they bought $150 solid brass faucets and took them to a powder-coating business where, for another $5 each, they were coated black.’
- ‘Made with a woven material that resembles wicker, the fully welded powder-coated aluminium-framed furniture can be left outdoors all year and will still look great.’
- ‘They are also well suited for cartridges used in powder-coating operations.’
- ‘‘Some products go out for powder-coat paint,’ he says.’
- ‘Gates are powder-coated after fabrication to withstand the rigors of use while looking attractive for many years.’
- ‘The furniture is powder-coated sage green, so it will not compete with the garden around it, and the pieces are arranged with ease and grace.’
- ‘Made in walnut veneer or oak and mounted on a powder-coated enamelled steel frame, this is designed to serve both as an eight-seater dining table and, by a simple twist of a clever mechanism in the table base, a console table.’
- ‘Over the next 18 months, the building's interior was completed, an industrial blast booth and paint burn-off oven for paint removal was set up, and a powder-coat spray booth and bake-on oven were installed.’
- ‘The cast iron pedestal is powder-coated for protection against corrosion.’
- ‘Because the surface of parts must be free of oil, dirt and rust prior to powder-coating, companies offer sandblasting, chemical and acid pre-treatments.’
- ‘A polyester powder-coated color finish is applied to all exposed surfaces in your choice of 4 colors.’
- ‘Frames made of steel or aluminum, anodized and sometimes powder-coated, last virtually forever.’
- ‘The photographs show these prototypes in their ‘as cast’ state and as finished, powder-coated freeform architectural tubes.’
- ‘These layers of vinyl on powder-coated metal are bold and arresting, and likely to catch the eye of drivers and passengers caught in the eternal jam outside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.