One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cover (an object) with a polyester or epoxy powder, which is then heated to fuse into a protective layer.
- ‘Aluminum caps are either painted or powder-coated in colors such as white, green and brown.’
- ‘But to save money, they bought $150 solid brass faucets and took them to a powder-coating business where, for another $5 each, they were coated black.’
- ‘Made in walnut veneer or oak and mounted on a powder-coated enamelled steel frame, this is designed to serve both as an eight-seater dining table and, by a simple twist of a clever mechanism in the table base, a console table.’
- ‘Gates are powder-coated after fabrication to withstand the rigors of use while looking attractive for many years.’
- ‘The furniture is powder-coated sage green, so it will not compete with the garden around it, and the pieces are arranged with ease and grace.’
- ‘Bronze anodized aluminum and more than 180 powder-coated colors are also available.’
- ‘The aluminum toolbox has an optional powder-coat finish to reduce glare.’
- ‘For supports, options are powder-coated aluminium and galvanised or stainless steel.’
- ‘A polyester powder-coated color finish is applied to all exposed surfaces in your choice of 4 colors.’
- ‘Made with a woven material that resembles wicker, the fully welded powder-coated aluminium-framed furniture can be left outdoors all year and will still look great.’
- ‘Over the next 18 months, the building's interior was completed, an industrial blast booth and paint burn-off oven for paint removal was set up, and a powder-coat spray booth and bake-on oven were installed.’
- ‘The photographs show these prototypes in their ‘as cast’ state and as finished, powder-coated freeform architectural tubes.’
- ‘These layers of vinyl on powder-coated metal are bold and arresting, and likely to catch the eye of drivers and passengers caught in the eternal jam outside.’
- ‘Because the surface of parts must be free of oil, dirt and rust prior to powder-coating, companies offer sandblasting, chemical and acid pre-treatments.’
- ‘A powder-coat finish provides superior corrosion resistance, while also making the gate virtually maintenance-free.’
- ‘They are also well suited for cartridges used in powder-coating operations.’
- ‘The cast iron pedestal is powder-coated for protection against corrosion.’
- ‘‘Some products go out for powder-coat paint,’ he says.’
- ‘Frames made of steel or aluminum, anodized and sometimes powder-coated, last virtually forever.’
- ‘Each powder-coat finish has been specifically formulated for durability, with ultra-violet inhibitors to withstand the elements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.