One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The output of the Dehua kilns also included objects associated with scholarly pursuits, such as brush pots and water pourers; vessels used for tea and wine; and animal figures.’
- ‘The bartender is chosen as the point of access, not because the bartender is the ideal person for the role of glass pourer, but for security and accountability reasons.’
- ‘For once we can report an excellent pourer with not a drop running down the spout.’
- ‘He added: ‘Safety measures incorporated following the fire in 1994 include foam pourers fitted to the tanks.’’
- ‘The teapot was a dreadful pourer and our table quickly became a lake!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.