One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A still to which heat is applied directly and not by means of a steam jacket.
- ‘Although it is distilled 3 times in a pot still it is still a fairly strong whiskey that must be aged in used sherry, rum, or bourbon barrels for a minimum of 3 years.’
- ‘Participants can learn about the processes of malting, mashing, pot stills, distillation, spirit safes, the maturing process, and what gives whisky its distinctive flavour and bouquet.’
- ‘For example, some will have been distilled with a continuous still, others with a pot still and others with a mixture of both.’
- ‘Level uses both pot still and continuous distillation, and the result is subtle and smooth.’
- ‘This can be done using either a traditional pot still or, more commonly, a continuous still which allows for speedier production.’
- ‘A new wooden still replaced the earlier pot still that had remained on the property; it had a capacity of about 700 gallons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.