One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The exploring of natural potholes as a pastime.
- ‘His favourite pastime of potholing had a close association with waterfalls.’
- ‘Dawdle on the gated way and, just before you cross the narrow lane that leads to Bullpot, the potholing and caving centre, look for the fourth sheepfold, tucked under trees.’
- ‘The Holy Grail of potholing is believed to lie in a remote area of China where prehistoric caves are thought to be almost twice as deep as any previously explored.’
- ‘For a documentary-maker, that must have been like going potholing in Cumbria and stumbling on Tutankhamen's tomb.’
- ‘The outdoor sports enthusiast loved potholing and had enjoyed the activity for more than 14 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.