One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The exploring of natural potholes as a pastime.
- ‘The outdoor sports enthusiast loved potholing and had enjoyed the activity for more than 14 years.’
- ‘The Holy Grail of potholing is believed to lie in a remote area of China where prehistoric caves are thought to be almost twice as deep as any previously explored.’
- ‘His favourite pastime of potholing had a close association with waterfalls.’
- ‘Dawdle on the gated way and, just before you cross the narrow lane that leads to Bullpot, the potholing and caving centre, look for the fourth sheepfold, tucked under trees.’
- ‘For a documentary-maker, that must have been like going potholing in Cumbria and stumbling on Tutankhamen's tomb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.