One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And as a result of all the growth, plush restaurants have popped up beside the potholed roads and property prices have shot up, especially for trendy condominiums.’
- ‘Thankfully someone had the bright idea to water down the dusty potholed road between Laborie and Piaye.’
- ‘How often do we, the hard-pressed citizens, ponder this topic as we bump along potholed roads or survey the latest round of digging up along our main streets?’
- ‘Miscarraiges, dislocated shoulders, broken bones, damaged axels there is enough reason for people to be concerned over the city's potholed roads.’
- ‘Down with the government, all chorused; and waved flags and banners, as we marched in twos and threes across broken pavements and potholed roads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.