One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The measurement of electrical potential as a technique in chemical analysis.
- ‘Both machines use the same technology to measure pH, using an electrode to detect hydrogen ions by direct potentiometry.’
- ‘The predominant methodology in use is that of potentiometry as employed by the ion selective electrode.’
- ‘Fluoride was measured with direct potentiometry, using a FI ion-selective electrode.’
- ‘It measures pO 2, amperometrically with a sensor similar to the Clark electrode, and pCO 2 by direct potentiometry.’
- ‘In electrochemical analysis by such methods as anodic stripping voltammetry, cyclic voltammetry, differential pulse polarography, and potentiometry, the anode always functions as the site of oxidation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.