One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With the capacity to develop or happen in the future.‘newly available oil might potentially create a drop in prices’‘a potentially dangerous situation’
- ‘Direct sale of beef to consumers is potentially profitable option for Kentucky's farmers.’
- ‘Waiting for results will still allow enough time to treat the strep infection and avoid potentially serious, preventable complications.’
- ‘The political fallout from the trial results is potentially enormous.’
- ‘Something new or out of place can potentially instigate a serious traffic jam.’
- ‘Activities near the well potentially can contaminate the water supply.’
- ‘Using such estimates will potentially result in a less accurate yield prediction.’
- ‘There are no requirements to test for potentially harmful contaminants.’
- ‘Storage moulds of corn occur annually, potentially lowering grain quality.’
- ‘Potentially damaging arthropods are common on landscape plants.’
- ‘They propose genetic screening for newborns to potentially benefit both the child and the rest of the family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.