One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The energy possessed by a body by virtue of its position relative to others, stresses within itself, electric charge, and other factors.Compare with kinetic energy
- ‘He criticised Descartes' ideas of mechanics and examined what are effectively kinetic energy, potential energy and momentum.’
- ‘Ah, the joys of watching gravitational potential energy convert into kinetic energy.’
- ‘The gravitation force actually converts potential energy into mass by forcing protons and electrons to combine into neutrons.’
- ‘The energy flow resulting from transforming kinetic energy into potential energy is heat.’
- ‘The molecules convert their kinetic energy into potential energy when they rise into the air just like the ball did.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.