One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small bulbous-sided wood-burning stove.
- ‘You can almost smell the sod burning in the pot-bellied stove as the local characters toddle in to share a pint and a yarn on a windy Sligo night.’
- ‘On the left, three steps lead up into a separate dining room, reminiscent of a turn-of-the-century hotel, with a pot-bellied stove gracing one wall.’
- ‘It was right in the middle of the energy crunch so Mr. Frugal bought me a pot-bellied stove and I got to learn how to chop firewood.’
- ‘Then, rocking in her chair beside the pot-bellied stove that heated the entire house, beneath her lamp, Aunt Gladys embroidered.’
- ‘Features include a pot-bellied stove and ladder-style steps leading to a mezzanine level which is used as a bedroom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.