One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pig of a small dark breed with short legs and a large stomach, sometimes kept as a pet.
- ‘Later some residents started keeping pens of goats and potbellied pigs.’
- ‘The couple - who also have dogs, cats, geese and two Vietnamese potbellied pigs - have seen the llamas in action.’
- ‘Her many other animals, including a wallaby, a Vietnamese potbellied pig, and seven horses, take residence at her mother's home in nearby Plant City.’
- ‘Researchers examined 26 pigs with clinical problems over an 18-month period during 1998 and 1999; all bar one were potbellied pigs and the other was a castrated male Tamworth pig.’
- ‘We eventually found a nonprofit that took in bunnies and potbellied pigs - both animals that people like when they're little and cute, and then don't want when they get big and uglier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.