One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A semievergreen climbing plant with pale blue or white flowers, related to the potato and native to South and Central America.
Solanum jasminoides, family Solanaceae
- ‘Romantic touches include a pair of wall fountains with recirculating pumps, a candle-filled chandelier, and a dense canopy of potato vines.’
- ‘We must do something about the potato vine tangled in the pachysandra.’
- ‘Elsewhere, another five-year-old plant weaves through a white-flowered potato vine to cover a stucco arch.’
- ‘In the midst of all this I did manage to take up some plants that did not survive life on the patio in the direct sun and replaced them with the ever-hardy sweet potato vines.’
- ‘A trellis covered with a white-flowered potato vine creates a picturesque focal point that draws attention away from the neighbor's house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.