One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strip of deep-fried potato skin, served as an appetizer.
- ‘One trick is to remove the flesh of the cooked potato and mash it with a little butter, olive oil or natural yoghurt and lots of freshly ground black pepper and then spoon the mash back into the potato skin.’
- ‘They were tired of ruffians trying to loot the place for finger-licking baked potato skins.’
- ‘There is also the tantalising prospect of stuffed potato skins, filled with a stuffing of your choice.’
- ‘The presence of these items came to guarantee that the menu would have giant stuffed potato skins.’
- ‘The menu begins with appetizers including loaded potato skins, nachos, voodoo wings, onion rings and a deep fried seafood number on fries with chilli and garlic mayonnaise.’
- ‘It begins with 12 starters from 80 baht for a chicken noodle soup through to 340 baht for a jumbo combo, made up of spring rolls, chicken wings, onion rings, potato skins and Tupelo chicken.’
- ‘The main room offers gourmet appetizers like caviar potato skins, Brie and mango quesadillas, goat cheese pizza, tuna steak tournedos, and fresh sushi rolls.’
- ‘They will be sampling such delicacies as fresh oysters, organic smoked salmon, seafood gratin, fresh salmon, seafood chowder and potato skins stuffed with crabmeat.’
- ‘What is that, like ground beef or maybe potato skins or something?’
- ‘Try the combo plate with fried jalapeño cheese, ‘dynabites’, potato skins and onion rings, served with sweet garlic sauce.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.