1A meat and vegetable pie baked in a deep dish, often with a top crust only.
- ‘Southern-style food highlights the menu with unique dishes like salmon pot pie, turkey meatloaf, and salmon croquettes.’
- ‘She shoved the pot pie back in and slammed the oven door.’
- ‘I headed to the diner for lunch at 12: 45 and enjoyed a salad and chicken pot pie priced at $7.25.’
- ‘The Southern fare menu includes chicken pot pie and meatloaf and despite the in-crowd feel, the locals are inviting and friendly.’
- ‘Ginger opened the oven to check if the chicken pot pie was done.’
- ‘While the pot pie cooked Vicki ran into the living room.’
- ‘Overcooking could leave a whole cabinet of chicken to debone for use in the pot pie on the buffet.’
- ‘Considering what wine to pair with that steak or chicken pot pie is a particularly pleasant task.’
- ‘I had the chicken pot pie, slaw, soup, ice tea and cheesecake.’
- ‘We went to the diner before the arrival at Tuscaloosa and again the beef pot pie was the thing to have.’
- ‘‘Unit’ food people tend to perceive pre-portioned units of food, such as a sandwich, burrito or pot pie, as something they'll finish, regardless of size.’
- ‘Has it become distant and cold to its fellow pies, like the earthy apple pie and the hearty pot pie and the homespun pumpkin pie?’
- ‘Autumn looked like she was going to protest for a moment, but the aroma of the chicken pot pie drifting tantalizingly past her nostrils seemed to convince her of the merits of Mom's plan.’
- ‘Duck pot pie may be their most impressive dish.’
- ‘Camy just shook her head and finished her pot pie quickly.’
- ‘The chicken pot pie makes me wonder why other restaurants don't offer it on their menus.’
- ‘Indeed, I think the waiter mis-heard my order and served up the baby vegetable pot pie instead, which, for £11, was packed full of vegetables and topped with puff pastry.’
- ‘If your idea of edgy eating is a chicken pot pie, don't go here.’
- ‘On a cold, rainy day, there's nothing better than stopping in for a hot pot pie.’
- ‘The food is basic and inexpensive and for both reasons has wide appeal to area residents who go for the grilled shell steak, grilled salmon, chicken pot pie or spaghetti with shrimp and scallops.’
2A stew with dumplings.
pot pie/ˈpät ˌpī/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.