One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A person who postulates something.
2A person who presents a case for the canonization or beatification of someone in the Roman Catholic Church.
- ‘As he must, the promoter deals with objections and reservations raised by the postulators and censors.’
- ‘He was a Mexican priest who had been appointed vice postulator of the Causes for the Beatification of the two young Fatima visionaries.’
- ‘A Vatican official, called a relator, works with the postulator to produce a positio, an extensive written statement, which is presented to the Congregation for the Causes of Saints in Rome.’
- ‘He was the postulator for Newman's cause in Rome, and Newman was declared a fit subject for canonization in 1991.’
- ‘And in harmony with many of the postulators, he points to Catherine as a figure in contrast with the church he now rules: ‘What did she understand by renewal and reform of the church?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.