One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of postponing something; deferral.‘the postponement of the elections’‘after repeated postponements, the new museum is officially open’
deferral, deferment, delay, putting back, putting off, rescheduling, adjournment, shelving, suspensionView synonyms
- ‘In a way, this can be expected with the number of delays, postponements and redesigns the game went through.’
- ‘These factors can easily lead to delays or postponements that simply don't happen with other clients.’
- ‘The delays and postponements could have affected our team in a bad way.’
- ‘It is important to note that the postponements or adjournments were all with the consent of the appellant, as we have already observed.’
- ‘And every day we read about delays, postponements, difficulties in the trial, terrible security problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.