Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The action of postponing something; deferral.‘the postponement of the elections’‘after repeated postponements, the new museum is officially open’
deferral, deferment, delay, putting back, putting off, rescheduling, adjournment, shelving, suspensionstay, respitemoratoriumcontinuanceput-offView synonyms
- ‘These factors can easily lead to delays or postponements that simply don't happen with other clients.’
- ‘The delays and postponements could have affected our team in a bad way.’
- ‘In a way, this can be expected with the number of delays, postponements and redesigns the game went through.’
- ‘It is important to note that the postponements or adjournments were all with the consent of the appellant, as we have already observed.’
- ‘And every day we read about delays, postponements, difficulties in the trial, terrible security problems.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.