One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
(with reference to a letter or parcel) on which postage has already been paid.as adjective ‘use the postpaid envelope provided’
- ‘Stacks of questionnaires are on hand for us to fill in and send to the Guildhall by March 14 in the post-paid envelopes that are also supplied.’
- ‘They recently sent me a letter, with a post-paid envelope and a request to re-subscribe or at least write back and explain why I'd given up on them.’
- ‘She urged anyone who receives one of the survey forms this week through the post to return it using the post-paid envelope as quickly as possible.’
- ‘The DVD is beautifully packaged in a bag that doubles as a post-paid return envelope - the whole concept is well thought out.’
- ‘He also gave me a post-paid bag so I could mail the dead phone away to be recycled.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.