One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Occurring in or relating to the period after marriage.
- ‘It has been estimated that for one in ten new spouses, the anticlimax of married life is so severe it develops into what is known as postnuptial depression.’
- ‘He received €1.5m in a postnuptial agreement, but spent every penny on his defence.’
- ‘They say it's no wonder that after marrying Lita he had her sign a postnuptial agreement limiting what he'd be required to pay in a divorce settlement.’
- ‘For instance, adoption, surrogacy, foster parenting, and prenuptial and postnuptial agreements are in the first of four parts.’
- 1.1Zoology Occurring in or relating to the period after the mating season of an animal.‘they complete their postnuptial molt before the March freeze-up’
- ‘Pond-breeding urodeles, such as A. texanum, exhibit postnuptial gametogenesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.