One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(among some Christian Protestants) the doctrine that the Second Coming of Christ will be the culmination of the prophesied millennium of blessedness.Compare with premillennialism
- ‘There is a millennium, after which Christ will come again (postmillennialism).’
- ‘Neither amillennialism nor postmillennialism is inclined to search for God's supernatural intervention as an agent in eschatological events.’
- ‘The four most popular views are dispensational premillennialism, historical premillennialism, amillennialism, and postmillennialism.’
- ‘Conditional postmillennialism also offers believers a safety net, for it constitutes a fail - proof prophecy, pre-empting any potential for cognitive dissonance or loss of faith.’
- ‘Belief in a future millennium either preceding or following (postmillennialism) the second coming of Christ, when he will reign on earth in a kingdom of his saints.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.