One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The head of a country's postal service.
- ‘Legend has it that Benjamin Franklin added the mile markers during his tenure as postmaster general, using a mechanical odometer attached to his wagon.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Roosevelt's postmaster general, James Farley, announced that a letter sent to EPIC headquarters announcing support for Sinclair was not authorized.’
- ‘It's the office that succeeds the old postmaster general, which was a patronage operation.’
- ‘I mean, the postmaster general is committed that the well-being of our employees is top priority right now.’
- ‘Would someone please publish the address of the postmaster general so I can personally put it back in the post with his address on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.