Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bone behind the orbit of the eye in some vertebrates.
- ‘The postfrontal and jugal form the posterior border of the orbit.’
- ‘These include parietals which are completely fused along the midline, loss of the postfrontal, and formation of a fairly complete secondary palate.’
- ‘In general, its dorsal partners are the squamosal and either the postfrontal or postorbital.’
- ‘The parietals are only well exposed on the skull roof, as their ventral projections contacting the postfrontal and postorbital are damaged.’
- ‘The skull is low, with postfrontal ridges and dorsal orbits, suggesting the ability to see above the water line.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.