One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bone behind the orbit of the eye in some vertebrates.
- ‘These include parietals which are completely fused along the midline, loss of the postfrontal, and formation of a fairly complete secondary palate.’
- ‘The skull is low, with postfrontal ridges and dorsal orbits, suggesting the ability to see above the water line.’
- ‘The postfrontal and jugal form the posterior border of the orbit.’
- ‘The parietals are only well exposed on the skull roof, as their ventral projections contacting the postfrontal and postorbital are damaged.’
- ‘In general, its dorsal partners are the squamosal and either the postfrontal or postorbital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.