with object Treat (a biological substance or specimen) with a second fixative.
- ‘The cells in these images were postfixed with osmium tetroxide.’
- ‘In some cases the cells were postfixed for 90 min in a solution of 1% osmium tetroxide in PBS.’
- ‘A portion of this specimen was postfixed in B - 5 fixative.’
- ‘Cells were postfixed in 1% osmium tetroxide in 0.1 M cacodylate buffer for 50 min.’
- ‘The tissue was subsequently postfixed in osmium tetroxide and embedded in epoxy resin.’
rare Append as a suffix.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.