One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Print or display (a photograph or other image) using only a small number of different tones.
- ‘It appears as if it was shot digitally, with post-production that posterized each frame.’
- ‘Russell has suffered a fate a zillion times worse than being posterized.’
- ‘They all simplify form in the way a ‘posterised’ photograph - one in which the middle tones are dropped out - does.’
- ‘I repeated the image and posterised it in an attempt to make it look like a Warhol repeat.’
- ‘The effect built into cheaper cameras include things like sepia and cobalt tone, posterizing, solarizing and so forth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.