One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Print or display (a photograph or other image) using only a small number of different tones.
- ‘It appears as if it was shot digitally, with post-production that posterized each frame.’
- ‘They all simplify form in the way a ‘posterised’ photograph - one in which the middle tones are dropped out - does.’
- ‘The effect built into cheaper cameras include things like sepia and cobalt tone, posterizing, solarizing and so forth.’
- ‘I repeated the image and posterised it in an attempt to make it look like a Warhol repeat.’
- ‘Russell has suffered a fate a zillion times worse than being posterized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.