One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The statistical probability that a hypothesis is true calculated in the light of relevant observations.Compare with prior probability
- ‘The expectations are actually obtained using the posterior probabilities rather than the prior probabilities.’
- ‘Within the Bayesian framework, the posterior probability is obtained from the likelihood function and the prior probability.’
- ‘If the null hypothesis is rejected, the program calculates a posterior probability for functional divergence for each position in the alignment.’
- ‘To summarize: the paradox arises because you use the prior probabilities to calculate the expected gain rather than the posterior probabilities.’
- ‘They implemented a full Bayesian method for calculating posterior probabilities using Markov Chain Monte Carlo.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.