Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The statistical probability that a hypothesis is true calculated in the light of relevant observations.Compare with prior probability
- ‘They implemented a full Bayesian method for calculating posterior probabilities using Markov Chain Monte Carlo.’
- ‘If the null hypothesis is rejected, the program calculates a posterior probability for functional divergence for each position in the alignment.’
- ‘Within the Bayesian framework, the posterior probability is obtained from the likelihood function and the prior probability.’
- ‘The expectations are actually obtained using the posterior probabilities rather than the prior probabilities.’
- ‘To summarize: the paradox arises because you use the prior probabilities to calculate the expected gain rather than the posterior probabilities.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.