Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting research undertaken after the completion of doctoral research.‘a postdoctoral fellowship’
- ‘The company often looks for Indians who completed postdoctoral studies in the United States or Europe and then returned to India for employment.’
- ‘It was an impressive piece of work and it led to him being awarded a National Research Council Fellowship to enable him to undertake postdoctoral study at Princeton.’
- ‘Research positions at the postdoctoral level are very hard to achieve and they are in any case strictly limited in time.’
- ‘Applicants for the postdoctoral research award, including co-investigators, must have a doctoral degree.’
- ‘In the fall he will be heading to Yale to take up a postdoctoral research position.’
- ‘He conducted postdoctoral research at the Stanford University School of Medicine in California.’
- ‘During the three years of her postdoctoral fellowship she published many excellent papers.’
- ‘Training the next generation of research leaders needs to be done not just at the doctoral or postdoctoral level but at more senior levels.’
- ‘The way this usually works is you get a postdoctoral fellowship and work with another professor on his or her research.’
- ‘Some postdoctoral fellows are supported from research grants to the host laboratory.’
- ‘She has completed a research postdoctoral fellowship in physiology at Temple.’
- ‘Then I did a postdoctoral fellowship at the National Institutes of Health.’
- ‘He has trained 36 master's and doctoral students or postdoctoral research associates.’
- ‘The cancer research of two other postdoctoral students was delayed more than three months due to visa problems.’
- ‘The members of the board didn't understand postdoctoral research fellowships.’
- ‘The building offers accommodation to graduate, doctoral, and postdoctoral students, as well as visiting professors and their family members.’
- ‘He continued his postdoctoral research in Liverpool and Sweden before moving on to the University of Southampton.’
- ‘For this reason a postdoctoral fellowship is an imperative if one is to truly become a nurse scientist with a well planned research career.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.