One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine that prints an official mark or signature on a letter or parcel to indicate that postage has been paid or does not need to be paid.
- ‘The company is best known for its postage meters, but it also offers a wide range of financial, outsourcing, and professional services.’
- ‘If you've got a postage meter, USPS certified, use that.’
- ‘Did someone buy $25,000 worth of credit for their office postage meter?’
- ‘He wasn't my favorite person at work - once had a rather nasty confrontation with him regarding the postage meter - but what has happened to him is just plain wrong.’
- ‘Do you find yourself forgiving an employee who uses the office postage meter to mail personal letters?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.