One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A machine that prints an official mark or signature on a letter or parcel to indicate that postage has been paid or does not need to be paid.
- ‘If you've got a postage meter, USPS certified, use that.’
- ‘Do you find yourself forgiving an employee who uses the office postage meter to mail personal letters?’
- ‘The company is best known for its postage meters, but it also offers a wide range of financial, outsourcing, and professional services.’
- ‘Did someone buy $25,000 worth of credit for their office postage meter?’
- ‘He wasn't my favorite person at work - once had a rather nasty confrontation with him regarding the postage meter - but what has happened to him is just plain wrong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.