Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The time at which a race is scheduled to start and entrants must be at their starting positions.
- ‘The races, with post time are listed below.’
- ‘The lone exception to the mid-afternoon post time will be Saturday, October 7, the date of the $200,000 Virginia Derby, when post time will be 1: 00 p.m.’
- ‘Aqueduct resumes racing on Friday with a 12: 30 p.m. post time.’
- ‘The facility will remain open for simulcasting and is scheduled to resume live racing on Sunday with a 12: 15 p.m. EST post time.’
- ‘Racing will begin at 3 p.m., EDT, each day, with the exception of Virginia Derby Day, when post time is set for 1 p.m., EDT.’
- ‘Lone Star has also asked to move ahead by 30 minutes its weekday post time in 2001 to 6: 35 p.m.’
- ‘They made their bets at post time when the bookie's clock was 10 minutes behind the actual time, so he unsuspectingly took their sure-thing bets and paid off.’
- ‘Closing day for Emerald's 90-day meet is Monday with a special 5 p.m. post time.’
- ‘Simulcasting was unaffected by the cancellation of live racing, which is set to resume on Monday with a 1: 10 p.m. EDT post time.’
- ‘Post time will be at 7: 00 p.m. CST, with the exception of a 1: 00 p.m. post time on NTRA Great State Challenge day.’
- ‘Live racing is scheduled to resume on Saturday with a first race post time of 12: 45 p.m. EST.’
- ‘Race day medication will be limited to Salix and one adjunct bleeder medication plus one non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug 24 hours before post time.’
- ‘Racing is scheduled for Wednesdays through Saturdays, with a new post time of 5: 55 p.m. CST.’
- ‘First post time on weekdays is 1 p.m. except the final two Fridays when the first race goes off at 3: 00 p.m.’
- ‘First post time at Thistledown will be 12: 15 EST and at 1: 10 p.m. at Turfway.’
- ‘Rock of Gibraltar, winner of a record seven consecutive Group 1 races, remains entered in case the course softens by Saturday's post time, but rain is not expected.’
- ‘Racing is scheduled to resume Thursday, with post time at 1: 10 p.m. CST.’
- ‘The track remained open for simulcasting and is expected to resume live racing on Saturday with a post time of 12: 55 p.m. EDT.’
- ‘If you are within a couple hours of post time on this you can listen live here.’
- ‘For the first time, Oak Tree will offer twilight racing on Fridays with a post time of 2: 30 p.m. PT.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.