One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time at which a race is scheduled to start and entrants must be at their starting positions.
- ‘First post time on weekdays is 1 p.m. except the final two Fridays when the first race goes off at 3: 00 p.m.’
- ‘Racing is scheduled to resume Thursday, with post time at 1: 10 p.m. CST.’
- ‘Simulcasting was unaffected by the cancellation of live racing, which is set to resume on Monday with a 1: 10 p.m. EDT post time.’
- ‘The track remained open for simulcasting and is expected to resume live racing on Saturday with a post time of 12: 55 p.m. EDT.’
- ‘Racing will begin at 3 p.m., EDT, each day, with the exception of Virginia Derby Day, when post time is set for 1 p.m., EDT.’
- ‘Rock of Gibraltar, winner of a record seven consecutive Group 1 races, remains entered in case the course softens by Saturday's post time, but rain is not expected.’
- ‘They made their bets at post time when the bookie's clock was 10 minutes behind the actual time, so he unsuspectingly took their sure-thing bets and paid off.’
- ‘For the first time, Oak Tree will offer twilight racing on Fridays with a post time of 2: 30 p.m. PT.’
- ‘Live racing is scheduled to resume on Saturday with a first race post time of 12: 45 p.m. EST.’
- ‘Post time will be at 7: 00 p.m. CST, with the exception of a 1: 00 p.m. post time on NTRA Great State Challenge day.’
- ‘First post time at Thistledown will be 12: 15 EST and at 1: 10 p.m. at Turfway.’
- ‘If you are within a couple hours of post time on this you can listen live here.’
- ‘Race day medication will be limited to Salix and one adjunct bleeder medication plus one non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug 24 hours before post time.’
- ‘The facility will remain open for simulcasting and is scheduled to resume live racing on Sunday with a 12: 15 p.m. EST post time.’
- ‘Aqueduct resumes racing on Friday with a 12: 30 p.m. post time.’
- ‘The lone exception to the mid-afternoon post time will be Saturday, October 7, the date of the $200,000 Virginia Derby, when post time will be 1: 00 p.m.’
- ‘Closing day for Emerald's 90-day meet is Monday with a special 5 p.m. post time.’
- ‘Racing is scheduled for Wednesdays through Saturdays, with a new post time of 5: 55 p.m. CST.’
- ‘Lone Star has also asked to move ahead by 30 minutes its weekday post time in 2001 to 6: 35 p.m.’
- ‘The races, with post time are listed below.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.