One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pay a sum of money as bail.‘I posted bail for him’
- ‘He was released after his lawyers assured the court he would post bail by September 8.’
- ‘So when his family posted bail after several months of pretrial detention, Tyson went looking for a reporter.’
- ‘The singer, also famous in Japan, was arrested at his home in a Quezon City suburb but later freed after posting bail of 6,000 pesos.’
- ‘The construction worker was arrested and released after posting bail.’
- ‘The two were taken into custody after failing to post bail of 50 million Nepalese rupees each, the reports said.’
- ‘Instead he has been detained since last Monday without any opportunity to appear before a judge or post bail.’
- ‘Failure to appear has tripled her posted bail, made them issue another warrant for her arrest, and gave even more cannon fodder to the media.’
- ‘Prosecutors declined to comment on a judge's decision to release him after posting bail of just $15,000.’
- ‘The second time, at 11 p.m., they were able to post bail for Jennifer but were told that it would be several hours before she was released.’
- ‘As news of the arrest spread, bail bond representatives crammed into the Soi 8 immigration office, looking to post bail for the Korean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.