One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To take account of this, the system provides for a possessory title to be upgraded to absolute title after it has been registered for 12 years.’
- ‘The enforcement of the possessory assizes and measures against crime was now entrusted to royal justices, sent out on eyre (from Latin iter, a journey) to act as the king's agents.’
- ‘The screenwriters union wants to eliminate the so called possessory credit, ‘A film by…,’ saying it relegates writers to a secondary status within the industry.’
- ‘The fact that the defendants and their predecessor believed that they owned the property does not preclude them from obtaining possessory title.’
- ‘The trial decision is about equitable possessory title and the court of appeal said that doesn't exist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.