One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A federal statute prohibiting use of the military in civilian law enforcement.
- ‘The DOD, however, claimed to base its policy upon the Posse Comitatus Act.’
- ‘Legal barriers to sending the armed forces into U.S. streets have existed for more than a century under the Posse Comitatus Act.’
- ‘The Democrats made absolutely no mention of the Posse Comitatus Act.’
- ‘In many respects, the Posse Comitatus Act remained invisible for the first several decades of the 20th century.’
- ‘Clearly, the Posse Comitatus Act did not originate from the prevailing opinion during the revolutionary period.’
Latin posse comitatus ‘power of the county’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.