Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Yes, it's a hard life, but I'm gonna keep blogging if poss.’
- ‘Although there is only one picture of it on my site right now, I'm planning to put a page devoted to it on there as soon as poss.’
- ‘I personally feel it is the bounden duty of married people to try to hitch their single friends up with suitable partners wherever poss.’
- ‘I guess it would be poss for her to be involved - but would require a lot of explanation I guess.’
- ‘I'm gonna keep blogging, if poss - but just in case I can't, here's a very nasty joke I heard the other day.’
- ‘I didn't realise it would be so psychedelic, and will change it something easier on the eye as soon as poss.’
- ‘I don't have that information, but I promise you that I will find you a way as soon as poss…’
- ‘Those of you playing this… without too many spoilers, if poss!’
- ‘Wait until they come in season here, and then buy locally if poss.’
- ‘To make your locks as shiny as poss, give them a quick blast of cold water before getting out of the shower and always blow dry from the roots downwards.’
- ‘We would like to go into it more but we want this update up as soon as poss.’
- ‘Take it easy there, D. I'll be on the phone to you as soon as poss.’
- ‘I think they found the curriculum's limitations a bit difficult to make compatible with encouraging creativity, so ignored the course as far as poss.’
- ‘If I get it the plan is that I do as much conservation stuff as poss, and just use the post as a way into the field.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.