Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘If I get it the plan is that I do as much conservation stuff as poss, and just use the post as a way into the field.’
- ‘I'm gonna keep blogging, if poss - but just in case I can't, here's a very nasty joke I heard the other day.’
- ‘I don't have that information, but I promise you that I will find you a way as soon as poss…’
- ‘I guess it would be poss for her to be involved - but would require a lot of explanation I guess.’
- ‘Yes, it's a hard life, but I'm gonna keep blogging if poss.’
- ‘To make your locks as shiny as poss, give them a quick blast of cold water before getting out of the shower and always blow dry from the roots downwards.’
- ‘Although there is only one picture of it on my site right now, I'm planning to put a page devoted to it on there as soon as poss.’
- ‘I personally feel it is the bounden duty of married people to try to hitch their single friends up with suitable partners wherever poss.’
- ‘We would like to go into it more but we want this update up as soon as poss.’
- ‘Take it easy there, D. I'll be on the phone to you as soon as poss.’
- ‘I didn't realise it would be so psychedelic, and will change it something easier on the eye as soon as poss.’
- ‘Wait until they come in season here, and then buy locally if poss.’
- ‘Those of you playing this… without too many spoilers, if poss!’
- ‘I think they found the curriculum's limitations a bit difficult to make compatible with encouraging creativity, so ignored the course as far as poss.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.